Job Title: Executive Assistant
Status: Full Time
FLSA Category: Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: CEO
Date Created/Revised: 3/29/18
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) is a new and innovative partnership launched in April 2018 to provide administrative and program supports that increase the capacity and efficiency of partner community development nonprofits work to build communities that offer equitable opportunity to all residents. OppCo partners provide stable homes and services within great neighborhoods, which serve as a foundation for thriving families and individuals. Our homes and neighborhoods promote healthy families as well as work, economic, and educational success.
The Executive Assistant will serve as OppCo’s “Chief of Staff” by providing a wide range of administrative and operational support to the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Team. This position holds a great amount of responsibility and requires a candidate who has the experience and confidence to make limited business decisions on behalf of the organization. The position requires a high degree of confidentiality and flexibility.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures efficient and effective administrative management of the CEO’s calendar, correspondence, reports, and related tasks as needed.
- Oversees office correspondence, responding appropriately and in a timely manner to US mail and electronic communications.
- Drafting and editing important high level letters and other documents.
- Ensure smooth flow of timely information of all kinds from the CEO and Executive Team.
- Oversees meeting arrangements including room reservations, food services and technical support services as needed.
- Preparation of materials for meetings, taking of minutes, post meeting follow up with Board and Board Committees.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as requested.
- Creates agendas and ensures follow-up on action items for management meetings.
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare reports for the CEO and other Senior Managers.
- Assist CEO with presentations including creating and updating Power Point slides.
- Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Attend monthly team and organization meetings.
- Attend necessary trainings to assure up to date knowledge.
Work Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 2-3 years of Executive or Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- A proven ability to take initiative and work effectively with a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Command of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal, intuition, organizational, and oral/written communication skills required.
This is a sedentary job by nature. Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer and phone for most of the day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive compensation and good benefits. Send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.