Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation, an established CDC serving Roxbury, Dorchester and Mattapan, seeks a Manager for its Housing Resources Program. The HRS Program provides housing stabilization services for homeless and at risk elders and persons with disabilities, as well emergency housing services to Boston families and individuals displaced by fire, flood, condemnation, eviction, and other unexpected crisis situations. The HRS Manager works one-on-one with clients requiring housing relocation and housing stabilization services. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Competitive salary and benefits. Desired qualifications include:
- Possess a strong knowledge of affordable housing programs, tenant rights and responsibilities, and housing and social service networks.
- Experience in assisting low- and moderate-income households in housing counseling/search.
- Understand government rental assistance programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to prioritize work and time,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of residents.
- Computer literate proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel).
- Ability to effectively supervise.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
- Familiarity with the neighborhoods served by Nuestra.
We offer competitive compensation and good benefits. Send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.