Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation
Housing Stabilization Coordinator
Nuestra Comunidad’s Housing Resource Services (“HRS”) Program provides housing advocacy to low and moderate income residents of Boston to help them secure or retain affordable housing suitable to their individual needs. The HRS Program provides emergency housing services to Boston families and individuals displaced by fire, flood, condemnation, and other unexpected crisis situations. The HRS Program also provides housing stabilization services for homeless and at risk elders and persons with disabilities.
Housing Stabilization Coordinator Position
The Housing Program Manager will work one-on-one with clients requiring housing relocation and housing stabilization services. This position supports the Housing Resource Manager and is supervised by the Director of Community Organizing & Resident Services. The Housing Stabilization Coordinator will be an integral part of a team dedicated to homelessness prevention and enhancement of quality of living for low and moderate income residents of Boston.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Provide one-on-one housing counseling, information & referral for clients facing housing challenges;
- Provide housing case management and stabilization services to primarily low-income individuals and families in emergency housing situations ;
- Maintain client files including documentation of household income and Boston residency;
- Conduct needs assessment by previewing client financial information, housing history, and service needs to determine a range of solutions for the client to consider in forming his/her housing search strategy;
- Conduct home visits an on-site visits at community centers as needed;
- Establish and maintain relationships with housing providers including Boston Housing Authority, other public housing authorities, Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership, private property management companies, landlords, realty agencies, and local social service agencies;
- Provide housing search and placement services, identify housing options, assist with the housing application and interview process;
- Coordinate relocation and long-term stabilization services;
- Accompany clients to Boston Housing Court as needed, coordinate legal services, provide support with court process and mediation in eviction cases;
- Assist clients with appeal process in cases of termination of rental subsidy;
- Maintain client files as required by City of Boston and other funders;
- Work jointly with Nuestra Comunidad ‘s Home Center to link clients to Foreclosure Prevention, First-time Homebuyers’, and Financial Capability programs;
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication and client management skills;
- Possess a strong knowledge of affordable housing programs, tenant rights and responsibilities, housing and social service networks;
- Understanding of government rental assistance programs;
- Prior experience with low and moderate income tenants, housing counseling, and community development is required;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; multi-lingual and bicultural preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively and to prioritize work and time;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high volume of residents;
- Computer literate proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, & Access).
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Monica Dean at email@example.com.