Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation, an established CDC serving Roxbury, Dorchester and Mattapan, seeks a Housing Stabilization Coordinator for two counseling program. Its Housing Resources Program provides housing stabilization services for homeless and at risk elders and persons with disabilities, as well emergency housing services to Boston families and individuals displaced by fire, flood, condemnation, eviction, and other unexpected crisis situations. Nuestra’s Health Starts at Home (“HSAH”) Program partners with medical and service provider partners to provide financial capability training to housing-insecure families.
Position Summary Description
The Housing Stabilization Coordinator works one-on-one with clients requiring housing relocation and housing stabilization services. The Housing Stabilization Coordinator is part of a team dedicated to homelessness prevention. The core services provided are housing counseling/housing search and financial capability assessment and training. This position reports directly to the Housing Resource Services Program Manager.
Competitive salary and benefits. Desired qualifications include:
- Possess a strong knowledge of Boston-area affordable rental housing assistance programs, tenant rights and responsibilities, and housing and social service networks.
- Experience in assisting low- and moderate-income households in housing counseling/search.
- Certification or experience in financial capability education or counseling desirable.
- Experience in working with clients with trauma and addiction issues desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and to prioritize work and time,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of residents.
- Computer literate proficiency in Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel).
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
- Familiarity with the neighborhoods served by Nuestra.
We offer competitive compensation and good benefits. Send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.