Resource Development and Marketing Intern
Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation is a nonprofit small business working in the Roxbury community and nearby Boston neighborhoods for 35 years. One of Boston’s oldest and most successful community development organizations, Nuestra CDC has developed nearly 800 affordable rental homes and 200 affordable homeownership opportunities. With roots in Roxbury’s Latino community, Nuestra CDC has helped to lead the ongoing revitalization of Roxbury’s Dudley Square.
Nuestra Comunidad’s two member Resource Development and Marketing team supports the organization’s $3.4 million annual operating budget by raising approximately $1.2 million in grants and contracts from government, intermediary, and foundation sources.
Spring, Summer, or Fall Volunteer Internship
We seek a volunteer intern to work on a range of special projects to support our resource development and marketing efforts. We ask for a full semester or summer commitment in the spring, summer, or fall of 2014 for at least 10 hours a week.
- Research new institutional giving prospects
- Update and edit contacts in databases
- Assist with scheduling social media updates
- Assist with website updates
- Contribute to monthly newsletter and other e-communications
- Event planning support
- Provide graphic design support
- Other mutually agreed special projects to be determined
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Commitment to social justice
- Interest in community development
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Research ability
- Experience with social media (Facebook and Twitter) required, and databases (Salesforce.com), website platforms (Joomla!) and E-mail marketing (ConstantContact.com) desirable
- Graphic design skills a plus (Adobe InDesign)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. In an introductory email, please let us know what interests you about the internship opportunity and which days and times would you be able to regularly come to our office, based in Dudley Square in Boston’s Roxbury neighborhood. We ask for a minimum commitment of ten hours per week for a full semester or summer (with allowances for school breaks and vacations to be determined).