Overview and Mission
Nuestra Comunidad is devoted to building the wealth and enhancing the physical, economic, and social well-being of Roxbury and other underserved populations in greater Boston through a community-driven process that promotes self-sufficiency and neighborhood revitalization.
Nuestra CDC accomplishes this community revitalization mission by:
- Developing high quality affordable and mixed-income rental and for sale housing;
- Encouraging homeownership through homebuyer education and coaching;
- Increasing financial resiliency through financial coaching and foreclosure prevention;
- Engaging community, developing neighborhood leaders, and preventing and reducing crime through community organizing;
- Promoting economic development by fostering small business creation.
Nuestra Comunidad has been working in the Roxbury community and nearby Boston neighborhoods since 1981. One of Boston’s oldest and most successful community development organizations, Nuestra CDC has developed nearly 800 affordable rental homes and 200 affordable homeownership opportunities. Nuestra Home Center has trained over 2,000 people in homeownership and helped more than 500 families to purchase their first homes. With roots in Roxbury’s Latino community, Nuestra CDC has helped to lead the ongoing revitalization of Roxbury’s Dudley Square. Nuestra Comunidad is a chartered member of the NeighborWorks America Network and a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency.