Thanks to your support and involvement, we had a wonderful year, and we look forward to the year ahead!
- In April, with The Neighborhood Developers, we launched OppCo, a new joint venture which offers the promise of more effectively addressing community development challenges by increasing our scale and capacity while maintaining local focus and control;
- We are nearing completion of the first two buildings at Bartlett Station, part of our anti-displacement strategy for Roxbury. With 60 apartments and 16 homeownership opportunities, it represents a significant step towards accomplishing Bartlett’s transformative development goals;
- The 16 new condominiums at Bartlett are among 38 new homeownership opportunities we have built in Roxbury in the past year, for families at a range of incomes;
- We have moved forward with planning the new Oasis @ Bartlett Arts Plaza at Bartlett, a unique new venue for a range of artistic expression in Dudley Square, catalyzing further economic and community development;
- The Home Center continues to work with hundreds of families to achieve the dream of homeownership, prevent foreclosure, advise seniors on obtaining reverse mortgages, and coach families to achieve their financial goals;
- Our community engagement work continues to cultivate leaders in our neighborhood, promote neighborhood safety, and respond to challenges. Our Annual Cleanest Streets event, with more than 400 participants, was as successful as ever, and hosted a visit from NeighborWorks’ Katie Watts, national SVP for Field Operations;
- Our Community Investment Tax Credit campaign had a record year raising nearly $300,000 in 2018. We anticipate an increased allocation of tax credits in 2019.
- Our 37th Annual Meeting honored David Price for his ten years of working together to make our neighborhood a more economically successful and equitable community and providing more opportunity for more families.