Community Design and Planning Goals
Nuestra Comunidad draws on a variety of community planning tools and best practices to gain input from stakeholders in the community, including neighbors and stakeholders representing a wide range of partners, drawing on variety of community planning tools and best practices. We use the input to inform the economic, community health, and other goals of each development. Nuestra Comunidad collaborates with a wide range of designers, contractors, government agencies, neighborhood organizations, and funders throughout the development process, creating properties that are attractive, affordable, environmentally sustainable, and in harmony with the communities around them.
Nuestra’s Comunidad’s work to revitalize communities and assure that all families have affordable homes centers around the transformation of vacant and abandoned lots and buildings into quality affordable housing and commercial space that enable families and businesses to thrive.
- Since 1981, Nuestra Comunidad has been a leading developer of affordable homes in Roxbury and surrounding neighborhoods, having created or preserved over 800 affordable apartments and nearly 200 units of for-sale homes.
- In addition to creating homes, Nuestra Comunidad has created more than 60,000 square feet of commercial space in Boston’s neighborhoods, fostering business investment in our neighborhoods and enabling local businesses to grow.
- Over 30 affordable housing developments totaling over 800 units of housing, ranging from restored single-family homes to newly built multifamily apartment buildings;
- Over 60,000 square feet of commercial space distributed across standalone and mixed-use buildings, including three historic properties in the Dudley Square commercial district;
- An active pipeline of new housing and commercial development in progress, including the landmark Bartlett Place mixed-use development, and 30 for sale homes.
Map of Nuestra Properties